Development Applications

The County is the Approval Authority for Official Plans, Official Plan Amendments and Plans of Subdivision  / Condominium and works closely with local municipalities in reviewing local applications such as zoning by-law amendments, consents, minor variances and site plans.

County Official Plan Amendment

Applications to amend the County Official Plan are made at the County. Potential applicants are required to consult the Planning Department before making a formal submission.

Local Municipal Official Plan Amendment

The County is the Approval Authority for local municipal Official Plans and local municipal Official Plan Amendments. Applications for local municipal Offical Plan Amendments are made at the local municipality and if adopted by local Council, the Official Plan Amendment is forwarded to the County for consideration. The process includes fees.

Plans of Subdivision / Condominium

The County is the Approval Authority for Plans of Subdivision and Condominium. If you wish to know more about applying for a Plan for Subdivision or a Plan of Condominium please view our Applicant's Guide and Application Form. The process includes fees.

More information about land use planning in Ontario is available from the Resources page.


Use our interactive MiddlesexMap to explore the County.

View the map

Job Opportunities

Careers at Middlesex County are widely varied reflecting the broad spectrum of services we provide.

Find Career Opportunities

Strathmere Lodge

Strathmere Lodge, a not-for-profit, long-term-care home is owned by the County of Middlesex.

View the Lodge Information


Committed to service excellence. 

Learn about Accessibility