Middlesex County provides a variety of services to its residents thanks to a staff of approximately 370 employees. Many of these employees are represented by unions, such as Unifor, CUPE, and ONA, and the County is proud to employ a variety of people with a broad range of skills.
- Transportation offers careers in truck driving, equipment operations, and engineering services for road design and construction;
- Strathmere Lodge hires employees in housekeeping, maintenance, cooking, kitchen services, and personal support workers and registered nurses;
- Library and information services include library assistants for branches, library technicians, and several librarians;
- The planning department employs planning and GIS technicians and certified planners;
- Social services offers careers for social service workers and their program support.
All of these services require administrative support. To that end the county has clerical positions, treasury positions, computer and information technology positions, and human resources.
For more information about job openings in the county, please visit our Job Opportunities page.