Skip to main content
- All barbeque grills must only be used outdoors — using grills indoors or in enclosed spaces is not only a fire hazard, but it exposes occupants to toxic gasses and potential asphyxiation.
- Always position the grill well away from combustible objects — buildings, fences, deck railings and landscaping can easily and quickly ignite.
- Get your grill cleaned and serviced. Check all propane tanks and lines for leaks and damage.
- Never leave a lit grill unattended.
- Always use long handled grilling utensils and heat resistant oven mitts to avoid exposure burns from heat and flames.
- Periodically remove grease build-up in catch trays to prevent it from igniting.
- Keep a garden hose nearby, connected and ready for use in case of a fire.
Back to Fire Safety Tips