The health and welfare of Middlesex County residents is of the utmost priority. Middlesex County continues to work closely with and follow the direction of the Middlesex London Health Unit, the Province of Ontario, and the Canadian Government to monitor ongoing developments and respond appropriately to COVID-19.
For the most up-to-date local information on COVID-19 prevention and health procedures, active cases, and care, please visit the Middlesex London Health Unit site.
For the most up-to-date provincial information, please visit the Ontario Ministry of Health site.
For the most up-to-date federal information, please visit the Government of Canada site.
What to do if you experience symptoms
If you think you may have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, please consider the following options:
- Use the Ministry of Health's self-assessment tool to help determine if you need to seek further care.
- Contact your primary care provider or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 if you’re experiencing symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) of COVID-19.
- Please do not visit an assessment centre unless you have been referred by a health care professional.
- Do not call 911 unless it is an emergency.
Please also see the resources below:
You can do your part in slowing the spread of the virus by:
- Following the mandated masking rule at all appropriate times.
- Self-isolating immediately if you have returned from travel outside Canada.
- Practicing physical distancing - stay 2 metres away from others.
- Washing your hands with soap and warm water thoroughly (20 seconds) and often.
- Coughing into your sleeve or elbow, or sneezing into a tissue,
- Cleaning cellphones, household surfaces, and other devices regularly.
- Staying at home and reducing the number of visits into your community.
- Limiting the number of times you go shopping for groceries and other essential errands. Make a list and plan ahead!
COVID-19 Compliance and Reporting
There are consequences for those who choose to defy the Emergency Measures and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA) while emergency orders are in force.
For all non-emergency related police matters, including non-compliance to the EMCPA, please call the OPP at 1-888-310-1122. For less serious incidents, report online by visiting opp.ca/reporting.