The County of Middlesex is committed to being welcoming, supportive, and accessible to people for all walks of life. As part of this, we're continually reviewing our services to ensure greater accessibility for all.
This page offers information about the county's accessibility efforts, along with resources for companies in the county to help create a more inclusive environment. We encourage you to review the 2012 Middlesex Accessibility Plan.
Notices of Disruption
Should there be a disruption of services the following information will be provided:
- Type of Disruption
- Reason for Disruption
- Disruption Duration
- Alternate Facilities/ Services
- Contact Information
Disaster Preparedness for those with Special Needs
By taking a few simple steps today, you can become better prepared to face a range of emergencies.
Find out more on our Disaster Preparedness page
- Missed Business (Attract customers by providing better access; Toronto Association for Business Improvement Areas);
- Directory for Accessibility
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities
- Disabilty Web Links
Under the Ontarians With Disabilities Act, 2001 (ODA), Accessibility Advisory Committees must be established through a formal council motion, which includes the minimum responsibilities set out in the ODA and details the mandate of the committee.
Municipalities may establish additional responsibilities for their respective accessibility advisory committee such as providing advisory services to a transit agency or another municipality. With the concurrence of the affected local municipal Councils, the County established a joint Accessibility Advisory Committee.
The Joint Accessibility Advisory Committee consists of
- the County of Middlesex and the Municipality of Adelaide Metcalfe,
- the Municipality of Lucan Biddulph,
- the Municipality of Middlesex Centre,
- the Municipality of North Middlesex,
- the Municipality of Southwest Middlesex,
- the Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc, and
- the Municipality of Thames Centre.
Emergency Response Plan
Accessible formats of the Emergency Response Plan are availalbe upon request. To make a request, please contact Kathy Bunting.
Please forward any other comments or questions to:
Kathy Bunting - County Clerk
519-434-7321 x 2250