The County of Middlesex Declared an Emergency on March 17, 2020, following the lead of the Province of Ontario. This declaration will enable our staff to make decisions and take actions which will help keep the residents of Middlesex safe; this is an unprecedented, widespread health emergency and Middlesex County wants our citizens to know we are working on their behalf.
For health information, please follow the recommendations of the Middlesex-London Health Unit
Essential services continue to function, and many businesses are open, with additional health and safety measures in place. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. As is the case with illnesses like influenza, everyday preventive actions can help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Washing your hands with soap and water often, for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the garbage.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Seeking medical care early if you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, and sharing your recent travel history with your healthcare provider