Lead the Change Recognition Award & Water Does Wonders Intervention
In September 2016, Middlesex County library branches, Ontario Early Years Centres, schools, child cares, and municipal centres were invited to apply for the Healthy Kids Community Challenge Lead the Change Recognition Award and participate in the Water Does Wonders Intervention. To be eligible for the award and participation in the intervention, agencies needed to consider ways they can create a healthier food environment. A total of 24* sector-specific environmental-level actions were proposed. Commitment to 3 mandatory actions and 2 additional actions of 8 proposed was required, all of which aimed to influence water consumption. Community agencies could indicate support to additional environmental-level actions, while not mandatory.
Results indicate that community agencies, municipal recreation centres and schools show a desire to make changes in their food environment and confirmed that the actions proposed were viable. Included below are highlights of how these agencies are leading the change in support of the healthier choice!
- Effect of Intervention on Creating Healthier Eating Environments in Community Agencies
- Effect of Intervention on Creating Healthier Eating Environments in Schools
- Effect of Intervention on Creating Healthier Eating Environments in Municipal Recreation Centres
- Effect of Intervention on Child and Parent Knowledge & Behaviour
- Lead the Change Collaborative Community Forum Feedback
*slight variation in number of actions per sector