Free Sporting Equipment During COVID-19 Pandemic
RECREATION FEE SUBSIDY PROGRAM DETAILS
In 2019, the County of Middlesex in partnership with Middlesex Dairy Producers and local Municipalities launched a recreation fee subsidy program called ‘Play it Forward’.
This fee subsidy program is intended to assist Middlesex County families whose financial situation limits their child’s ability to participate in community recreation programs, namely hockey, soccer and basketball.
- Township of Adelaide-Metcalfe
- Township of Lucan-Biddulph
- Municipality of North Middlesex
- Municipality of Middlesex Centre
- Municipality of Strathroy Caradoc
- Municipality of Southwest Middlesex
- Municipality of Thames Centre
- Village of Newbury
What Costs Are Covered?
- Subsidzes the cost of the recreational program registration fee.
- This program supports only hockey, soccer and basketball registration costs.
What Costs Are Not Covered?
- Volunteer Fees
- Fundraising Items, etcetera
How Does It Work?
- Application is submitted by the individual/family to the Municipality. Please note that the Low Income Threshold Table will be used to determine financial need.
- Application is reviewed in strict confidence. All information collected will be used solely for the purpose of determining eligibility for the subsidy and will be kept confidential as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Application will be either accepted or denied based on eligibility and available funds.
- If the application is denied, the applicant will be notified by the Municipality.
- If application is accepted, the cheque is issued directly from the Municipality to the chosen sporting organization or community club.
- If a child does not participate in the approved program or drops out of the program, the Municipality will expect a full or pro-rated refund of the share of the program paid on behalf of the participant so that other children can benefit from the funds available.
Please note: Participating Municipalities have limited funds available for this subsidy program. Applications will be accepted by families on a first-come first serve basis.
How Do I Apply?
- Application forms are available through participating Municipalities.
- Application forms are to be given directly to the Municipality for review.
For more information on the Play it Forward Program:
T 519.245.8237 ext. 4023 | C: 519.520.3520